Sunday, April 23, 2023

CANADIAN CRAVINGS/Passport To Pleasure series—character interview

This week, from CANADIAN CRAVINGS/Passport To Pleasure series published by The Wild Rose Press www.thewildrosepress.com I'm welcoming Addie Burton and Knox Mallory to my blog.

Addie is a photojournalist with a major international travel magazine. Knox is the owner of Mallory Excursions, a train travel and vacation business started by his grandfather. Knox inherited the  Canadian corporation, headquartered in Vancouver, from his father about ten years ago and has continued to successfully run the organization as chairman of the board and corporate president.

Welcome to my blog, Addie and Knox. Thanks for taking the time from your busy schedules to be here with us today. I'll try not to keep you very long.

Addie:  Thank you for inviting us, Samantha.

Knox:  It's our pleasure. I've blocked out this afternoon on my schedule, so we have plenty of time. What would you like to know?

Why don't we start with how you first met? I understand it was while you were both attending the University of Washington in Seattle.

Knox:  That's right. I was starting my senior year and would be graduating the following spring.

Addie:  Knox was definitely the big man on campus, and I was the freshman just taking my first steps toward my chosen career. The moment I laid eyes on him, I wondered how I could get an introduction to someone who appeared to already have a large circle of friends.

Knox:  Our personalities immediately clicked and we became good friends right away. We would often have lunch together on campus, study together, catch the occasional movie, attend events on campus.

Addie:  That was always during the week. On weekends he returned to his home in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We never actually dated. It was always doing things together as friends, but no real dates. Then he graduated, returned to his home, and I never heard from him again.

Knox:  Those were difficult times for me. My father was ill. He insisted that I had to stay in college and get my degree in Business Administration, but I also needed to learn as much as I could about all facets of the family business in preparation for taking over. He died two years after I graduated. So, at the tender young age of 24, I was head of a major corporation and really had my hands full. For the first few years, I had absolutely no personal life.

Addie:  I didn't really know anything about his personal situation away from college. He kept all of that to himself. I didn't know he had taken over the running of the company until the managing editor of the magazine where I worked came to me with a new assignment. But that didn't mean he hadn't been on my mind for that twelve years. Our relationship during college days had always been platonic, but that question of 'what if' had never gone away.

Knox: Yes, during that time I often thought about her, [reaches over and takes her hand] wondered where she was, what she was doing, was she happy with the way her life had turned out. And with that, there lingered the thought of 'what if.'

So we fast forward twelve years from the last time you saw each other to present day.

Addie:  I was absolutely thrilled when I was handed the assignment of a feature article about train travel and train excursion vacations in Canada with the focus being on the Mallory corporation as the leader in the field. I was scheduled to meet with their head of promotion. Would a major article in an international travel magazine be enough for the president of the company to be personally involved?

Knox:  I arranged my schedule so I could attend that meeting. I had no idea who the photojournalist would be that the magazine was sending to do the article. I don't know which was greater, my shock or my pleasure at seeing Addie again. We went to dinner that evening after the meeting. It was as if we instantly picked up where we left off, no awkward moments or uncomfortable lapses in conversation. But underlying everything was the nagging question of 'what if.'

Addie:  It was the same for me, the constant thought of 'what if.' My schedule called for me to be in Canada on this assignment for about two weeks which included taking one of the train excursion trips from Vancouver to Banff National Park and back to Vancouver with stops along the way. We spent as much time together as possible while I was in Vancouver which included a weekend getaway to a marvelous romantic inn on Vancouver Island. It didn't take long for me to realize that I had become emotionally involved with him during that time in college, I just didn't realize it at the time.

Knox:  I did everything I could, rescheduled meetings, even neglected some aspects of my job, in order to spend as much time with her as possible while constantly aware of the limited amount of time she would be in Canada before returning to her home in Seattle.

Addie:   We shared the details of our lives during those twelve years we had been apart. [she shot a quick look toward Knox] At least I thought that's what we were doing.

That's an ominous statement. What does it mean?

Knox:  It means I was a jerk but didn't realize it at the time.

[laughs] I'm going to need a better explanation than that.

Knox:  [laughs] Then you'll need to read the book.

Well, let me try this. Addie, you took one of the train excursions for the article you were doing. How long were you gone? Were you and Knox able to stay in contact while you were on the train? Do trains have the availability of allowing passengers to use cell phones while traveling through the wilderness between populated areas?

Addie:  Hmm, communication while on the train. I think how we resolved that is another reason why you'll need to read the book.

What about after the train excursion? How long before you needed to return to Seattle?

Addie:  After returning to Vancouver at the conclusion of the train excursion? Probably the worst day of my life.

Now that's a comment that truly needs an explanation.

Knox:  It was probably the worst day of my life, too. And you'll find the explanation in the book.

 Thanks, Addie and Knox, for being with me today. You leave me with only one conclusion—I'll need to read the book.

CANADIAN CRAVINGS/Passport To Pleasure series from The Wild Rose Press for their Scarlet Rose line of erotic romance.  www.thewildrosepress.com  A work assignment reunites college friends after twelve years. Will they fight the heated desire or pursue what might have been?

BLURB:

Addie Burton has a successful career as a photojournalist for an international travel magazine. When her new assignment in Canada brings her in contact with a friend from college she hasn't seen in twelve years, the attraction is instantaneous. She's ready to mix business with pleasure.

Knox Mallory is shocked to discover the photojournalist doing the magazine article on his company is a woman who had sparked his lust during his college days. Family circumstances had prevented him from acting on his desire, but he's hoping to resurrect what might have been.

Can two weeks satisfy their Canadian cravings or will it lead to more?

CANADIAN CRAVINGS/Passport To Pleasure series from The Wild Rose Press www.thewildrosepress.com  for their Scarlet Rose line of erotic romance 

ISBN 978-1-5092-4916-9 Digital

Amazon buy link:  https://www.amazon.com/Canadian-Cravings-Passport-Pleasure-Samantha-ebook/dp/B0BVRQWXFR

Barnes & Noble buy link:  https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/canadian-cravings-samantha-gentry/1143069026?ean=2940186757122

Also available at other online vendors

Excerpts and other information on my website:  www.samanthagentry.com

Visit my blog:  https://samanthagentry.blogspot.com 

No comments: