It's a familiar scene in real life—your first date with him, either someone you just met or maybe someone you've known for a while but the two of you have never been on an actual date until now. The evening went really well, you both had a great time.
Even though you wouldn't normally end up in bed with a guy on the first date, somehow this time is different. He seemed like a terrific guy and you definitely wanted to see him again. It's as if the two of you were really meant for each other. Destiny has brought you together. Fate has decreed it to be so.
Maybe you go to his place or perhaps you go to your place. Either way, you end up in bed. A night of hot sex—in fact, the best sex you've ever had. Then the cold and occasionally cruel light of dawn hits you with reality.
It's now that dreaded morning after! Terribly awkward or truly comfortable? Is he really the right guy for you?
I recently found a list of Do And Don't For The Morning After…10 items on the do list for that comfortable and blissful morning after and 10 items on the don't list for that awkward morning after…to let you know if he's really the one for you.
The List Saying 'This Could Be The Guy':
1) He cooks breakfast, goes on a food run, or makes a pot of coffee without being asked.
2) He walks your dog.
3) He likes to get it on in the morning.
4) He's into showering together.
5) He makes jokes, but never at the wrong time.
6) He plays DJ while you're getting dressed.
7) He warms up his car for you on a cold winter day.
8) He remembers where you left your earrings last night.
9) He gives you not 1, but 2 clean towels and wash cloth for your shower.
10) He makes your bed, even if he does a crappy job of it.
The List Saying 'This Definitely Is not The Guy':
1) He's in a cranky mood and doesn't want to get it on because he's not a morning person.
2) He wants to know why you don't have a specific brand of gourmet coffee.
3) He doesn't leave your place until late afternoon even though you've hinted that it's time for him to scram.
4) He's in a rush to leave/get rid of you or is obviously panicked at waking up next to another human.
5) He won't have breakfast or even a cup of coffee with you and doesn't offer you a thing to eat, not even a glass of water.
6) He takes forever getting out the door in the morning because first he has to check his email, then he watches Sports Center or some dumb internet videos.
7) He overdoes it when spritzing that vile smelling cologne.
8) His shower contains a gnarly-looking loofah his ex-girlfriend left 2 years ago and some kind of questionable soap.
9) He doesn't take out the trash until it's overflowing and then some so that his apartment smells like the dump.
10) He complains about the comfort of your mattress and pillows.